750 gm sarson saag, 250 gm palak saag, 250 gm bathua saag, 2 cups water salt pinch,1 1/2 cup makki atta, 4 green chilly, 25 gm ginger, 2 onions, 6 cloves of garlic, 100 gm ghee, 1/2 tsp red pepper powder, 1/2 tsp garam masala, 1/2 tsp coriander powder.
1. Add the three saags, salt and water into pressure cooker & cook over low heat for 1 1/2 hours.
2. Squeeze out saag and keep saag water aside. Mash saag in the cooker until coarsely ground, and add makki atta and stir.
3. Put back saag water and a little fresh water & boil over slow fire.
4. Add green chillies & ginger & cook till saag gets thick.
5. For tadka, add chopped onions, ginger, garlic, red pepper powder; garam masala, dhania & saute until onions are light brown.
6. Mix into saag & garnish with julienne of ginger fried in ghee.